Fast Weight Loss Tips
Diets, whether they are low fat, low-calorie or starvation - are the fastest way to lose "and" gain weight. Sounds confusing? Here's the reason why. People don't grow to like dieting, and consequently revert to eating as before, without control. Exercise is the tips to lose weight fast and keep it off. Reason? Once you're on the move, you enjoy being on the move. Also, exercise is not necessarily a complete 30 or 60 minute workout at the gym. All you have to do is find ways to include some physical activity in your daily schedule - walking, jumping rope, household chores, and the like. These activities can be done in short bursts of time, for example, 10 minutes or so, and adding up to at least 20 to 30 minutes a day. It doesn't have to be done everyday too. Three to five days a week works fine. Here's another good reason to give up diets. People who diet end up losing both fat tissue and muscle tissue. So, all that you burned on a diet is not necessarily fat. When you exercise, you build muscle tissue and burn fat. More muscle tissue means your body burns fat faster than before, and as a result, you maintain the fast weight loss. Of course, this doesn't mean that you can eat anything if you workout, because though you reduce calories one way, you increase them the other way.
The key to a healthy weight loss is a healthy lifestyle. Many are overwhelmed at the thought of making drastic changes to their way of life. Start by making small changes and you'll soon be on your way.
Here are a few simple do's and don'ts to help you:
- Do not try to lose more than one to two pounds a week.
- Make a simple change every week. This helps to stick with it. For example, resolve to eat a piece of fruit everyday for a week.
- Instead of giving up on fast foods and denying your favorite foods, choose grilled foods, avoid high fat condiments, and cut down on portion size. Skipping meals doesn't help you lose weight fast. Studies show that those who skip breakfast are heavier than those who eat breakfast regularly.
- Light and frequent meals help curb your appetite. Measure portion sizes.
- If you consume alcohol, remember that alcohol is also a source of calories. If your goal is weight loss, give up alcohol.
- Soft drinks are a source of empty calories. Try fruit juice instead.
- Control your response to stress and boost your self-esteem. If you do slip, try again.
- Proteins prolong the feelings of fullness and need a few extra calories digest. But don't overdo it.
- Add more fiber to your diet. Digesting the fiber itself burns calories.
Medical Disclaimer: These articles are presented for general informational purposes only. It is not the intention of this article or any others on this web site to provide specific medical advice, but rather to provide users with information to better understand their health. Specific medical advice should be obtained with a thorough physical examination from your health care provider. Consult with a qualified physician for diagnosis and for answers to your personal queries.
We thank you for visiting our directory, and wish you well in whatever endeavor brought you here. We are constantly adding new information and resources to our site, both general and state specific in nature, so check back often.